Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Thursday, April 15, 2021

How To Know What You Really Want? | Invest in Yourself



Does someone already know what path he/she will take right after college?


Honestly, in my case, I have no clue what to pursue in life. I just plainly follow what I thought my parents want for me.


A nice career in a well-known company and a handsome paycheck. Sounds cool.


But when I fail to get all of these "successful career", I am up and looking for a deeper meaning in life.


So, how to know what you really want in life / or at least for a career?


Generally, in my opinion, people are looking for CAREER SUCCESS/money success.


    Being exposed to a new job where perfection is needed-being                excellent at work is a success, 


    peers sharing stories about its better to work here because the pay is     better, the benefits are better, 


    social media like vacation- best vacation means success, 


    big purchases-means success, 


    and a lot more than that at some point we might be pressured and tempted to copy the 'success' we see.


And that is happiness, we presume, that is what we chase after.


Invest in Yourself


How to know what you really want in your career/ life?


Maybe taking a pause and thinking it through could help.


A book recommendation maybe?


In my pursuit of self-care / investing in myself I found a good book to read that might able to help to know what you really want, in life or career. 


The book title is The Legacy Journey by Dave Ramsey.


Dave Ramsey is popular with his Baby Steps. Baby Steps is a step-by-step guide on how to manage your money.


I really like Dave Ramsey's principles about money, because I wasn't just following a random successful guy on the internet. 


Because all of his advice is based on biblical principles.


He's been vocal about his ups and downs about money / success and at some point in his life where he lost everything and filed for bankruptcy that is where he chooses to follow God's way about TRUE  SUCCESS.


"I met God on the way up, 

but I got to know Him on the way down." Dave Ramsey 


Experiences might be different for every individual, but in my view, it became clear in my mind what I really want to do with my life.


Since I had enough chasing after success (I got a lot of stories to tell about my failed chase after money but will save it for another post), and truthfully, I did not enjoy pretending to be ahead of everyone, I find that what I really wanted to do in life is to commit to the real owner of everything.


Psalm 24:1

Of David. A psalm. The earth is the LORD's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it.


Anyway, the money, that I thought would bring me happiness, has ruined everything in my life.


My career, my relationship, and even my faith.


I have replaced the LORD with the love of money.


Mathew 6:24

No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.


Have you ever seen a person became happy if he/she left the fortress of the LORD?


I know that if you ever depart from the ways of the LORD, there is nothing good that will ever happen to your life. 


Upon realizing this and reading the book The Legacy Journey(read the book for free on youtube just search the title), it became clear to my mind not to focus my eyes on MONEY and how money will make me happy, but be a steward of God's riches.


In the book, there are a lot of practical steps to follow in fixing my life one by one in accordance with the will of the LORD.


Like starting to have a job. Because the bible is very clear that God hates a lazy person.


Final Thoughts

Well, it's a  bit hard to make my point across on this post. But I hope it somehow makes sense.


That is it for now.


Thanks for reading all the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');