Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Drive Your Own Life - My Problem with Faith

 


Paano nga ba ipa-saDiyos ang ating buhay?

Insert "Jesus take the Wheel" song.

I have a huge problem with faith. For my entire 30 plus years, I don't understand what is it really like to believe in God.

I inserted the picture of Jobert a famous celebrity in the Philippines when his interview became viral about 'surrendering his life to Jesus'.

For us Filipinos, that is great. That is amazing.

But what is it really like to surrender your life to Jesus? 

Was Accepting and Acknowledging that Jesus is our Lord and Saviour is Enough?

Does it mean, to accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour?

Do the usual, go to church, always be kind, give basic needs to street dwellers, give time to the work of the church I am attending to and pray?

After doing the things I mentioned above, I didn't really feel transformed.

I don't think I have the peace of someone being saved by Jesus.

And everyday, I struggle. I still have a  problem with faith.

Why I Still Act as a Bad Person?

I struggle with my relationship with people. I smirk at someone's comment, I plant hatred in my heart, I avoided a lot of people and a lot of times, I talk bad things behind peoples back, I run after financial freedom up to the point of forgetting the LORD .

So, after believing and receiving Jesus in my life and acknowledging/confessing that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life why is my action still wasn't transformed?

My Real Transformation

I figure that what's really wrong with me is not about

    accepting Lord Jesus as Lord and Saviour
    it's not about getting a soul to believe that Jesus is Lord and Saviour
   it's not about attending more to church or reading more bible verses that I don't undertand
    It's not about giving money to the street dweller 


While all of these things are OK to do, these works doesn't transform my heart into a real BELIEVER of CHRIST.


Surrendering My Idol and Following a Path

The real transformation for me when it comes to faith is when I realize that I hated the LORD for not giving or granting me success with money.

Yes, at some point in my life I made money into an idol, and replace God's place.

After knowing that I have an idol and I needed to change, I changed but its still not enough.

I needed a guide.

To give me a step-by-step on how to live my life according to the scriptures.

That is where I found the book of Dave Ramsey The Legacy Journey.

The things I was after in the first place which is financial freedom /money wasn't that all evil after all.

The real evil is when I get nearsighted and forget the REASON behind the effort I wanted to put in to achieve financial freedom.

1 Timothy 6:10
For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

Upon reading the book the Legacy Journey, I feel like someone has explained the bible to me.

That hard work, saving and investing are also teachings from the bible.

Giving inheritance to children is also commended by the bible as good.

We are called to be managers of God's resources. Parable of the Talents.

I am called not to do the following things.

    Don't be lazy and wait for God to let me win the lottery.
    Do not let my strength go to waste because these are the resources God gave me.
    Do not let my knowledge and ability to think to go to waste and more.

There is one analogy Dave Ramsey says in the book that I really like.

It's like yes go to work and exert a lot of effort.

It's like a man prepares the land and sow seeds and wait for God to send rain. (this is probably takes place on old times where irrigation was not yet invented or maybe the settings were in the desert where most of the stories in the bible happened)  

I am Accountable as a Manager

Upon reading the book the Legacy Journey, I learned that I am accountable of the resources God gave to me.

And I have an accountability to utilize and grow it.

Yes, I am following what Dave Ramsey teaching about money 'Baby Step' (baby step Filipino Version), but I am much more concerned about how to be accountable to God.

My first priority now is when I stay still and be lazy I am not being accountable to God.

Now I am putting God first, I am driven by the teaching of God as I've learned from Dave Ramsey's life because the book is kind of like an autobiography (please read the Legacy Journey where Dave Ramsey quoted a lot of bible verses that he puts into practice to his way of earning money, family, and more.)

Sorry if the last few paragraphs does not makes sense yet. Please read the book and hopefully what I am saying here will make sense. (listen to Youtube for free just search for it)

That is it for now thanks for reading all the way.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');