Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Saturday, April 24, 2021

Hard Decisions - How to be Confident with Decision Making



Making decisions is hard.

Especially if you're trying to choose between options you have no clue what could have been the outcome.

On career, even more so.


But clarity begins to show itself when I finally understand what I wanted to do in life - career-wise.


And that is to be a manager. PARABLE OF THE TALENTS Mathew 25 14:30


A steward of the Lord.


I really appreciate reading the book of Dave Ramsey The Legacy Journey.


Dave Ramsey is known for his baby steps. Baby Steps tackles how to be in control of your money. From saving, paying debt, investing, preparing for big purchases, house payments, tithes and giving (I am sure that is not all of it so please follow Dave Ramsey for more).


Upon reading the book, it has given me clarity of why do we value being successful with money so much.


    to help my family

    help the people in need

    maybe change the world?


And all of these are answered and explained in the book clearly, at least of how I understand it (please read the book for free on youtube just search for the title).


We are created not to waste God's resources.


    don't waste our ability to think

    don't waste our physical strength


I am created not to be a needy person but to take care of myself and my own household.


1 Timothy 5:8

Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, 

and especially for their own household, 

has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.


I am created not to blindly chase after money because it will solve most of my problems and solve most of the problems of the people around me but to follow God's wisdom about money.


That gave me clarity to kick out my laziness and value work. It is clear to the bible that God hates a lazy person. (I also read that line from Dave Ramsey's book.)


Proverbs 10:4

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. 


So whenever I am faced with hard decisions about my career, for example keeping a job or chasing another for a greener pasture, none of these matters anymore. Because now I understand that it's not about the paycheck, it's about working diligently as commanded by the LORD.


If ever there is uncertainty to make a hard decision just for the sake of advancing my career, I know for sure that my priorities are switched to chasing money


I know for sure that I am replacing God as God and put money as god.


Mathew 6:24

No one can serve two masters. 

Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other.

You cannot serve both God and money.


How to be confident with decision-making is a real struggle for me. But with the instrument, God uses like Dave Ramsey to explain these confusing topics about money and God, the bible verses that were nothing to me before, finally made sense.


And one more example I like to add here.


Whenever I am torn about lending money to people in need, I am reminded of Dave's example that helping people have its rightful boundaries.


Here's the analogy of Dave Ramsey, if a drug addict is asking money would you help the drug addict? Support his addiction and eventually turn his life even worse?


Dave Ramsey 

-To be unclear is to be unkind.


If you are hoping that the money you are lending is to be used for a good cause well that is not the way to go.


God called us to be a steward of money, and we have the responsibility to put it to a good cause.


If being clear to the person you are lending money with is hard, remember that being unclear about your intention is being unkind. Because his/ her situation might take him further away from the Lord's commands that will endanger him from negative consequences in the end.


I know for sure that at some point in my life that I asked God for me to win the lottery, but God did not make it happen, because shortcuts will not do me any good.


And I feel that it is the same with people who are asking for an easy way out of borrowing money.


That is it for now.


Thanks for reading all the way!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');