Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Saturday, April 17, 2021

The New Self-Care | Put Yourself first Money wise ?- Invest in Yourself



Aiming for financial freedom sometimes means pushing aside the needs of everyone else and prioritizing your own.


But is that really how it works with money?




Money magnifies whatever and whoever it touches. 

Wealth exposes people for who they really are - whether good or bad. 

If you have a temper, wealth will make you a raging lunatic. If you are a giver, wealth will make you a philanthropist. - Dave Ramsey


In my journey to be financially free, I have stumbled upon a lot of challenges.


That includes my relationship with my family about money.


There comes a time where I feel that I am forced to give more than I should.


That I am forced to give more money than I ever could afford.


And when I refuse not to, it created huge strife between me and my family.




Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

Put Yourself First? MoneyWise

When your goal is to be rich, it's not impossible not to be nearsighted with priorities when it comes to money.


This happened to me, I am so pressured to get rich fast.


The timeline I created to be rich seems really impossible to achieve.


Every time I wanted to stick to my budget, something would come up and use up my savings.


And I hated that cycle. I started to hate losing money, and anything that would hinder my goal to be financially free at a certain time.


Like the bible said, I fell into a trap and pierced myself with many griefs.


The New Self-care | Where Should I learn how to handle money?


Realizing that I am not winning with money, I give up and quit aiming to have more money.


And try looking back and forth to my faith to see if God would miraculously grant me to be rich?


But I found out that NO. God will not let me win the lottery or anything similar.


More than a year of being jobless, I came across a personality on the internet who teaches about money - Dave Ramsey.


But not just another guy who swears by getting rich thru the stock market or a kind of business, Dave Ramsey has created a step-by-step guide on how to manage money in accordance with the scriptures.


Like saving, Proverbs 21:20

    The wise store up choice food and olive oil,  but fools gulp their down.

Investing, Parable of the Talents

Making a budget, Luke 14:28,

     Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Won't you first sit down and estimate the cost to see if you have enough money to complete it?


Dave Ramsey also points out that money problems are usually an attitude problem.


And that is true. We tend to put money first in our hearts for the sake of getting rich.


Where in fact, the bible is very clear, that we should not LOVE MONEY.


If there is anything that puts between you and the LORD, God has a problem with that. (taken from Dave Ramsey as well not verbatim)


Idoling is a sin, putting yourself first money wise is a sin and if we are separated from the protection of God our destruction is certain.


That is why I am reminded of what Dave Ramsey said about being a steward of money and being a steward of all resources that God gave us.


We are called to be MANAGERS, and the Lord is counting on us to be responsible enough for all of his creations.


Parable of the Talents

In Dave Ramsey's book The Legacy Journey, he mentioned that taking care of our family is a Godly way. It is what good managers do.


1 Timothy 5:8

Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worst than an unbeliever.


Giving inheritance

Proverbs 13:22

A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children.


and many more... (please check out the book the Legacy Journey)


I am so happy that God uses people to teach people like me who cannot interpret the meaning of the bible.


Especially on the topic of money.


If ever you wanted to read the book The Legacy Journey, just look it up on Youtube and you can listen to the full audiobook for free.


That is it for now.


Thanks for reading all the way

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');