Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Invest in Yourself | Following a Rich Successful Man on the Internet



Have you ever followed pieces of advice from a "rich successful man" on the internet?


Does, quotes from Warren Buffet ring a bell?


Roberto Kiyosaki?


Bo Sanchez?


Mr. Chink Positive Chinkee Tan?


The most recent rich successful man I follow on the internet is Dave Ramsey, author of the Legacy Journey.


The most famous man I followed at some point in my life "career-wise" on the internet is Roberto Kiyosaki.


As a matter of fact, I have quoted him countless times on my blog and Facebook pages.


However, following a rich successful man on the internet is somewhat draining at times, especially if you are not winning with money. Even though I tried my hardest to follow his advice in my own way and in my own circumstances.


With Roberto Kiyosaki book, Rich Dad and Poor Dad, I learned a lot about the mindset of someone who has a poor spirit/mindset. Those lessons are all good, and I have cherished and made them my inspirations.


I learned that money is taught and attitude about money started in our own household.


If your family's background is on the employee side, there is a huge chance that your parents will impart money lessons from the perspective of being an employee.


Which I totally can relate to.


Anyway, my point is, following a rich successful man on the internet will give you an influx of energy at first then in time could go away.


Like what I feel right now about the teachings of Roberto Kiyosaki, Francis Kong, and James Clear, some of the people I really admire and try to follow at some point.


Commitment to Work for a Successful Career


In my own little time of "investing in yourself", reading quality books is always welcome.


But if at some point my enthusiasm for these authors fade away, were they really worth investing my time in?


As I've said earlier, Dave Ramsey is the recent book author I follow, and he talks a lot about how to handle money, from saving, paying debt, buying huge purchases like car /home, giving, and, retirement.


It's a big deal for me to find inspiration from a successful person to look up to when it comes to commitment to work because that is what I am lacking right now. Commitment to work that will eventually reflect a 'successful career'. 


Learning work ethics from a proven and tested hardworking person is motivating, isn't it?


But one notable thing Dave Ramsey has, that personalities I mention up don't have is that the money principles he teaches are the lesson he learned from the Bible.


From saving money, Proverbs 21:20

    The wise store up choice food and olive oil,  but fools gulp their down.

Investing, Parable of the Talents

Making a budget, Luke 14:28,

     Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Won't you first sit down and estimate the cost to see if you have enough money to complete it?

Tithing, Proverbs 3:9

    Honor the LORD with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops;


Not Following a Rich Successful Man on the Internet Anymore

No longer was I following a rich successful man on the internet, but I am following God's Teaching on how to manage His Riches.


In Dave Ramsey's book The Legacy Journey, he wrote a step-by-step way on how to manage money and the Bible verses behind it.


I also learned from the book how easy it is for a person to love money more, and replace God with money.


I totally understand this, because at one point in my life I get nearsighted about my 'success' and worshiped money more than God.


Anyway, that is for a totally different post.


That is it for now, thanks for reading all the way.


If you ever find wanting to focus on yourself and do a self-care, I recommend that you listen to the book The Legacy Journey, I listen to it for free on Youtube, just search for it. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');