Featured Post

Invest in Yourself | Going Back to Herbal | Tired all Day vs Coconut Oil

Ok. This topic goes back to the laziness that has been going on in my life.

Monday, April 26, 2021

How My New Self Care routine Change my View about Vision Board



I made two vision boards before that I shared here in the blog.


I really like that I can look back at it and see its difference.


The first vision board I made is focused a lot on making money. Then the result came up and it was horrible, and I quit talking about it.


Then after some time, a spark came up again and I wrote my second vision board, this time, I changed my tone about chasing money and just focus on the tiny task I do in a week and hoping this pile up and make a favorable result. I also emphasize my returning heart to the Lord because I did neglect and hated God at some point in the exchange for my money goals.


My New Self Care


Now that everything is out of place in my career and life, I stopped and breathe and tried to reassess myself.


That is when I started investing in myself. 


Like a new self-care routine, that I can do to make me feel better and move on with my life.


So now my new self-care changes my view about vision boards?


My self-care has gone from health to faith so far.


And from digging deep into my faith, I learn a lot about how should I view my career, money, and success from a Godly perspective (let me explain further).


Vision boards are 'generally' about success. Money success is one of them.


Upon reading the book The Legacy Journey of Dave Ramsey, he opened my eyes to biblical principles about how to handle money.


My new self-care routine changes my view about vision board - that vision boards has its dangers on unintentionally focusing my brain to look at money alone.


My first time making a vision board, I get so lost about running after the success that I forget what is my true place here in this world.


I am not meant to own a lot of money, or material possessions just to let everyone see that 'hey I am successful'. 


I am not meant to possess a lot of money because I have the compassion of helping people in need. (in my mind hey I can be the best philanthropist ever)


My true purpose here in this world is to be a steward of God's resources.


The Legacy Journey book explained a lot of that and you can read it for free on youtube, just search for the title The Legacy Journey full audiobook.


Vision Board, Love for Material Things and Stewardship


It's good to see what you wanted to achieve in life in photos. (vision board)


Everybody has goals.


But the vision board has got me nearsighted on getting just the material things.


And you know what happened next..


1 Timothy 6:10

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

Chasing after money put a lot of sadness, hatred, broken relationships, depression, and empty pockets.

There is nothing good that happened when I focus my attention on money.

Thankfully, the book The Legacy Journey has opened my eyes to how I should view money.

And I try to follow it by heart.


Parable of the Talents Mathew 25 14:30 

We are called to faithfully manage God's resources.

To stop being lazy.

Proverbs 10:4

    Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth.

And more.


Vision board is definitely not the bad guy here.


But my heart. 


If my heart is focused on the money that I put on my vision board, that is when things get nasty.


If my heart is focused on being a faithful steward of God's resources, that is when I know I am on the right track. 


That is it for now, thanks for reading all the way.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear and interact with my readers.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){ (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o), m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m) })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga'); ga('create', 'UA-104883034-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');